State Keyboard Duet & State Adult Track General Overview
– Three contrasting pieces (one must be by either a Baroque or Classical composer)
– Different composers required for all three pieces
– Register in accordance with your District Audition deadline, with fees paid to your District Chair
– Duet participants and Adults with qualifying scores of no less than 5-5-4 and and each student earning an 80% or better on their theory test may advance to the State Competition
Venue and Date for the State Keyboard Competition for Duets and Adults are:
When: Saturday, May 11, 2024
Where: UW-Stevens Point
Registration must be postmarked by Wednesday, April 3, 2024.
Registration fee for State Competition is $30, payable to WMTA along with Summary Fee Statement document must be postmarked by April 3, 2024.
Opala Bilhorn, 508 Campus St Suite 3, Milton, WI 53563
WMTA SPECIFIC RULES FOR ALL KEYBOARD DUETS:
- Only for grades 4 -12.
- Duet partners must both be currently studying with a WMTA member, but they don’t need to be studying with the same teacher
- Students can enter with only one duet partner per year
- Duets are judged as a team, not as individuals
- Arrangements are allowed.
- Three contrasting pieces (one must be either Baroque or Classical era composer) by different composers
- Memorization is not required
- Must have 2 original scores
- A page-turner is allowed, but cannot be either student’s teacher
- Qualifying duet teams have earned a minimum of 14 performance points and each duet partner has received a minimum of 4 theory points
- Only repertoire composed/arranged for piano 4 hands is eligible
- Students must play at least one primo and one secondo part
Please see details here.